Optimizing your IT infrastructure frees up time and resources that can go toward transforming your business. Microsoft is committing to helping you get there. We are introducing Azure Database Migration Service (DMS) as a new unified migration tooling experience to migrate on-premise and cloud database engines to Azure Data Platform, streamlining the data and application migration initiatives in your organization.
DMS currently supports SQL Server on-premise migration to Azure SQL Database and Azure SQL Managed-Instance. We are constantly adding new database engines as supported sources to migrate to Azure Data Platform. For example, we are actively working on the following migration scenarios, which are currently being offered in limited preview:
- MySQL to Azure Database for MySQL or Azure SQL Database
- PostgreSQL to Azure Database for PostgreSQL
- SQL Server to SQL Server on Azure SQL Virtual Machines
- Oracle to Azure SQL Database or Azure SQL Database Managed Instance
- Continuous migration (minimum-downtime) for SQL Server to Azure SQL Database or Azure SQL Database Managed Instance
If you are interested in migrating database workload to Azure Data Platform, please sign up on the limited preview offering here, we will contact you for the next steps.